1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods purchased through this online store, which is operated by J P Peterson Ltd.
2. To be eligible for a refund, the goods you purchased must be unused and in the same condition that you received them, and they must also be in their original packaging. We will issue a refund within 14 days of receiving the goods back or of you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the Post Office), whichever is the sooner.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Under the UK Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund. These include goods whose return is unsuitable for health or hygiene reasons, which includes perfumes and fragrances. Royal Mail and other carriers will not accept such goods from customers for return and therefore returns of, and refunds on, such goods are not possible.
4. Subject to point 3 above, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of its delivery you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price (including postage and packing charges) for the goods you wish to return. If you do decide within those 14 days to cancel your purchase, you then have a further 14 days in which to return the goods to us. We may make a deduction from the amount to be refunded if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling them more than was necessary, in other words more than the extent to which you would have handled them if you had assessed them in a shop. You will not be entitled to a refund of any costs you incur during the process of returning the item(s) to us, although we will supply a postage-free returns label (on request) for orders to UK addresses.
5. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price if you change your mind (i.e. when the goods provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 14 working days, subject to point 3 above.
6. If the goods you purchased were faulty or damaged or did not work properly, or you believe they were not as described on our website, please contact us at email@example.com (quoting your order/invoice number) before requesting a refund, as we may be able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We will require photographic or other clear evidence of damage, faulty operation or other issues before agreeing to a refund. Please note that the restrictions of point 3 above do not necessarily affect your right to a refund for faulty, damaged or erroneous goods.
7. Where you intend to return goods you have purchased, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting your order/invoice number) to let us know that you intend to return them. If your order was to a UK address, we will send you a postage-free returns label that you can print out and stick to the box or packaging. We will not accept returns of individual items sold within a presentation box. If you wish to return a box you have purchased, you must return the box and all the items that were in it.
8. Once your return is received and checked we will contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not. Refunds will be credited via your original method of payment within 14 days of us receiving them.
9. If you have not yet received a refund where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement. Some banks or card companies may take several days to credit your account.
10. If you used a discount voucher when purchasing, we will only refund the amount you actually paid, rather than the amount the item or items were originally listed for.
11. If the goods you purchased were in a sale, you may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind about the purchase in the meantime. If you are in any doubt, please contact us at email@example.com before making the purchase.