TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by J P Peterson Ltd trading as BonChoix. Terms such as "we", "us" and "our" refer to J P Peterson Ltd where they are used in these terms and conditions.
2. By purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document. Please note that we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
4. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
5. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are always a totally accurate representation of the actual goods you are purchasing.
6. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) One or more of the items you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
7. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email will include your order number, which you should note carefully. However, it is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
8. Your order will only be accepted by us when your goods have been dispatched.
9. You should receive your purchase within two working days of dispatch. However, this is an estimate only, because receipt may be delayed by circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at especially busy times). If you do not receive your purchase within five working days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your order number. Orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be dispatched for delivery until the following Monday.
10. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed, you must immediately contact us by email via email@example.com to ascertain whether your order has yet been dispatched. Please quote your order number in all communications with us. If your order has already been dispatched, you will need to return the goods to us in re-saleable condition, although we will bear the carriage costs of this if the order was to a UK address. (But see also point 3 of our Refund Policy.) We will refund the cost of your purchase once we have received your goods and assured ourselves that they are in a satisfactory condition.
11. Where an order has not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
12. Where you have ordered personalised, perishable or time-critical items you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
13. J P Peterson Ltd shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
14. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
16. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and J P Peterson Ltd whether written or oral.
17. We may change these terms and conditions at any time.
18. Should any term or part-term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
19. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible for such delay or failure.